Saturday 3 March 2007

Bp of Chelmsford speaks in Lords on Olympic Games

Ed: I rather like this site. It is called (appropriately) "They work for you", and allows you to keep up with the pronouncements of your MP or, in this case, your representative in the House of Lords.

My Lords, on the evening of 6 July 2005 I was licensing one of our priests to a parish in East Ham. He came from Burma, and in front of me was a multicultural congregation. There was a palpable sense of celebration and joy at the thought of the Olympics coming into their community. A very large portion of the Olympic site lies in my diocese. I and my colleagues, the right reverend Prelates the Bishop of Southwark, who is here today, and the Bishop of London, in collaboration with our ecumenical partners, seek to put a structure in place in the churches and the faith communities to ensure that we, too, think about how the legacy works out and how we can play our part in this great event. Read more

No comments: