Friday 23 May 2008

Urgent from the Bishop of Natal

(Ed: Forwarded to me.)

Dear Friends

Bishop Rubin has asked to send the following message to you.

I am dictating this message from the Cato Manor police station, where there are hundreds of foreign nationals who were flushed out from their homes last evening and they sought refugee here at this police station. Many of them have been badly injured and I have arranged for them to receive treatment. All of them are scared about what might happen to them when they leave this place, so I am trying to get our Anglican parishes in Durban to provide them with shelter. Any parish that is willing to do this must please contact Tracy immediately. We will also be feeding them at lunch time and I am grateful to St Cyprian’s church for arranging the meals.

I am deeply disturbed by what I am seeing and I ask you to please remember these people, many children as well in your prayers. Also please pray for our country”,

With gratitude for your prayers and support

+ Rubin

P.S. I just had a conversation with the Minister for Safety and Security who has assured me that he will do everything in his power to ensure the safety of these people. Let us hope that it happens.

Bishop Rubin Phillip

Bishop of Natal

Email: bishop@dionatal.org.za

Postal: P O Box 47439, Greyville, 4023

Phone: 27 31 308 9302

Fax: 27 31 308 9316

MASISUKUME SAKE! - ARISE AND BUILD!

Nehemiah 2:18
No comments will be posted without a full name and location, see the policy.

No comments: