Saturday 17 February 2007

Changing Attitude shows value of schmoozing at Dar es Salaam

Ed: Schmoozing - "To converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection."

[...] I observe that every other Primate who has visited us in the exclusion zone have come to sit and chat, share a drink, smoke a cigar, and relax. Archbishop Akinola alone has come and refused to speak with people. He created a bad impression for me, especially after the openness of his greeting to Davis and myself on Wednesday. These signs mean a lot to me. Why does the Archbishop need to act in secrecy and run away from cameras and questions?

It reinforces my impression that in contrast to our open presence here, where we have been willing to talk with everyone, liberal and conservative, something underhand is going on upstairs amongst people who have something to hide. Read more

No comments: